World-acclaimed program. Expert teachers. Unparalleled outcomes.
- From Pre-Kindergarten onward, we emphasize foundational knowledge and critical enquiry, and we provide opportunities to apply that knowledge in dynamic ways. This advantage culminates in classes such as Connections in grades 1–3, P12 in grade 7, and economics in grade 8, as well as in hands-on experiences like Project Week.
- We implement project-based learning to build inquisitiveness and problem-solving skills. Our teachers focus on knowledge application and critical thinking, applying the curriculum to each student individually. Our students learn to question, to analyze, and then to seek their own answers.
- Our expectations of subject mastery and excellence span across all disciplines. To accomplish this, we provide a purposefully diverse curriculum. For example, students in Pre-K and Kindergarten take foundational courses such as Engineering, and as they move up in grade levels they will have Latin and Mandarin as language options. We require Physical Education through grade 6. In grades 6–8, students take biology, chemistry, and physics simultaneously. And before students leave grade 8, they will have more humanities credits than any other discipline.
- Our high school curriculum drives students to become participants in their education and to pursue deeper understanding through opportunities unique to BASIS Curriculum Schools, such as our capstone courses and the Senior Project, which allow students to apply their culmination of content knowledge into a professional or research setting.
Not only do we find the top educators in the country to lead our classrooms, we have fashioned a unique teaching model for grades 1–4 that encourages students to take risks academically while having consistent, individualized support. This LET/SET model is built from a Learning Expert Teacher who assists a student’s social, emotional, and academic needs throughout the day, and a Subject Expert Teacher in each classroom who bring lessons to life with their extensive expertise. Our teachers are proactive in helping students learn to advocate for themselves and use available resources to support the needs of a dynamic classroom. Read more about our symbiotic classroom.
“Our children learn Thai 5 days a week. They are also learning elements of Thai in other classes and outside of the classroom. It’s a truly locally-rooted, globally connected environment.”
– Ms. Thacha B., Mother of Titi (G.4) and Tian-Tian (G.5)
BASIS International School Bangkok is committed to being Locally Rooted and Globally Connected
We believe a deep understanding of your local language and customs is critical for the long-term success and enrichment. Therefore, BASIS International School Bangkok has incorporated the Thai Language and Culture Program as part of our core curriculum for all students, regardless of nationality. Our goal for Thai students is to enable fluency in Thai language and a deep understanding and appreciation for Thai culture and society. Our expatriate students will gain an awareness and deep understanding for their current residence, Thailand.
This enables our local students to achieve an unparalleled mastery of both written and spoken Thai Language in an International School while giving our foreign students foundational knowledge to have an understanding and deep appreciation for the culture. Our students will be well prepared to attend the university of their choice and ultimately work cross-culturally with a keen ability to adapt what they learn at BASIS to other cultures and languages throughout life. If Thailand will be their permanent home, then students both Foreign and Thai will be ready to work in a Thai professional and social environment.
Academic growth is a priority, but so is the social-emotional development of our students. By fostering a culture of social and emotional wellness in our classrooms through giving each student individual attention that hones in on their needs, we can better help them develop confidence and social skills, and allow them a safe space to grow and become creative problem-solvers.
BASIS International School Bangkok students learn to be self-advocates. All teachers hold weekly student hours where students can come to them with homework, questions, discussion points, concerns, and more. We offer peer tutoring, allowing students to collaborate with classmates and older experienced peers. This accessibility to different support avenues encourages students to proactively engage with their coursework and pursue their own success.